Friday, March 14, 2008

Card Box tutorial

I have received some requests on how to make the card box I posted yesterday. I did take some pictures as I was putting it together, so here goes. I hope this makes sense, if you have any questions, please feel free to email me!

1. First take a piece of 12X12 cardstock (I used the new textured cardstock).
2. Trim a 3" piece of one side.
3. Score at 1.5" and 7.5".
4. Flip your cardstock and score at 4.5",6" and 10.5"

5. Cut slits at those scores you just made.



6. Cut out the ones on the left completely, and fold. Apply sticky strip to the sides, and fold together and adhere.

I decorated the front and top panel, and used those SU Big eyelets and tied the top down to finish it off.

Great gift ideas when to want to make normal sized cards to give away. You can now make matching boxes for all your gift sets. The Scor-web site offers all sorts of ideas and tips on how to make boxes and stuff. Check it out! I looove my Scor-Pal!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tutorial Shelley. Your box is beautiful!!

Kathy K said...

Thank you SO much for sharing this tutorial. I will definitely be making one of these sometime soon, and I'll try to remember to send you a pic when I do :) Fabulous design!